The type of wound care treatment we provide involves care for wounds that are all over the body. This type of care is called Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT), and these are its parts:
- Placing special foam padding on or within the wound itself
- Putting a clear occlusive dressing seal on the wound
- Using a trackpad that is equipped with suction tubing that connects to a canister that collects fluid drainage
- Using a special pump to apply negative pressure on the wound
The Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) System
- To decrease the edema, fluids from the wound is pulled.
- It allows the wound to compress.
- It encourages the growth of healthy tissue and blood vessels.
The NPWT provides one of many options for the patients that are in treatment for wounds that are difficult to heal.
To heal your current wounds and prevent new ones from occurring, we will be working with your medical and surgical team.